Unemployment benefits are made available through taxes paid by your former employer(s) to partially
replace your regular earnings and help you meet expenses while you look for another job. These benefits
are intended to assist workers who lost their jobs through no fault of their own and are not based on
financial need. While receiving benefits, it’s your responsibility to get back to work as quickly as you can.
How to Apply for Unemployment Benefits
Information needed to apply for unemployment benefits: *Social Security Number, *Current work history
for the last 18 months. (All employer names, addresses, and start/end dates.)
Online – Save time by going online www.esd.wa.gov to apply for unemployment benefits, submit a weekly claim,
restart a current claim, manage your unemployment claim, pay a benefit overpayment, or look up past wages. Go to
eServices and either Sign In or Create an account. eServices is available 24/7
By Phone – 1(800) 318-6022
- Legally entitled to work in the USA
- Claimants must have worked at least 680 hours during their base year period
- Must be available for fulltime work
- Must be seeking employment
If customers answer “yes” to any of the following questions, they may possibly be a good fit for our
- Are you currently unemployed or underemployed and need cash assistance?
- Do you need help filing for unemployment?