SkillSource offers workers the opportunity to “earn while they learn” by working in their chosen field for an
employer during their training period and remain employed following the training. SkillSource accomplishes
- Reimbursing employers up to 50 percent of a trainee’s wages while in training
- Reimbursing up to 50 percent of the cost of related formal training such as workshops
- Assisting with funding for tools and equipment not normally provided by the employer
- Assisting with funding work clothes, child care, and transportation to ease the transition to a new job
- 18 years or older
- Eligible to work in the US
- Men must register for the Selective Service
If customers answer “yes” to any of the following questions, they may possibly be a good fit for our
- Would you like to earn a wage while in training?
- Are you looking to change careers?
- Are you looking to further your education while working on the job?
- Do you need education and training to secure full time employment?
- Has an employer said you need more skills to get a new job or advance in a job?